My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Enjoy my blogs!!!! Go visit my "business" website at www.angelswink.biz or www.pauloclemente.com

Monday, March 20, 2006

Whew............

All the while I thought I would be able to put something here immediately after our bridal event at Rockwell last Feb. 4 & 5 ( POWER WEDDINGS YEAR 2 ). I was still on a roll and before I knew, it is already March 20! 11 days to go will be my....... 40th birthday!

I felt kinda uncool when I turned 20 coz I was no longer a teenie. When I turned 30 I felt scared I was getting old! When I turned 32 I felt bad my age is no longer part of the calendar. Now that I am turning 40 on March 30, believe it or not, I feel..... GREAT!

I know exactly why I feel this way. It is because I know I am happy where I am now. I may have a few more wishes but I am fine where I am. I remember vividly when I was young that I dreamed to be a singer someday. At age 16 I became a pro with this group called TUX. I went solo in 1989 and I had my own share of glam and small triumphs. I was in a rut by 1995 but that gave me a chance to find other things I could do and I proved my worth in the corporate communications field... but little did I know that one day, I would be back doing what I love most... singing ( and of course hosting too)!!!

I am happy where I am for the following reasons: 1) I am not a "hungry artist" ( obvious ba? heheheehehe) ; 2) I never stepped on anyone at anytime to reach my goals; 3) I gave my best shot in everything I did and I learned and became wiser with all the not so good things that passed through my heart, body, soul, mind - I am still a complete person - my battles have been won and I am ready for whatever lies ahead; 4) I got to use all the things I learned and I am reaping the benefits today; 5) I am happy because I just never stopped learning, keep getting interested in a lot of things, I still keep dreaming! 6) I have a daughter who is smart and beautiful... and she loves me very much, warts and all; 7) I am happy because I have been able to give my daughter the best education I could possibly give her; 8) I am happier because I raised a happy child; 9) I am happy because I have a life! and finally, 10) I am happy because turning 40, I still look great! and when I said that, I wasn't facing a huge mirror.. just big enough for my face! hahahahahahaha!

So it is true LIFE BEGINS AT 40!!! Time to begin working out I guess and feel sexier. I have this stinking feeling I would need Dr. vicky someday soon... pero mahal ata... jogging na lang!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhonadale Florentino said...

Kuya Pau! You were a member of the Tux? I so love that group when I was still a child (sabihin ko sana when I was little kaso hinde naman ako tumangkad hehehehe)!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Rhonadale Florentino said...

Kuya Pau! You were a member of the Tux? I so love that group when I was still a child (sabihin ko sana when I was little kaso hinde naman ako tumangkad hehehehe)!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home